Company Profile: One of the largest private providers of care facilities in Austria. The group includes seven hospitals, inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation centers and two care homes. Project: Information system for energy management
Solvera Lynx has provided a comprehensive energy management system for the Vinzenz Group – one of the largest private providers of care facilities in Austria. It includes seven hospitals, inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation centers and two care homes.
- Number of hospitals: 9
- Facilities: 27 (330.400 m²)
- Consumption of resources: electricity, heat, water, natural gas
- Metering points: 1000 +
CHALLENGES AND GOALS:
In order to comply with European Energy Efficiency Regulations, implement the ISO50001 Energy Management Standard and meet energy consumption reduction targets, the Vinzenz Group decided to carry out an energy management project with the following purposes: to introduce an advanced energy management solution to save energy, restrict consumption and increase efficiency.
The main challenges were: high energy consumption due to 24hour operation (lighting, heating, air condition), wide usage of cooling and heating technologies, the consumption of a large amount of natural gas for heating, an enormous consumption of hot water and high thermal losses through the pipeline.
The main objectives of the project were: the remote control of energy consumption, implementation of an alarm system, defining and analysis of key energy efficiency indicators and the introduction of an energy accounting system.
Applying Smart Energy Management Tools
Solvera Lynx set several objectives for implementing their Smart EM solutions:
- To gain remote control over energy consumption
- To implement an alarm system
- To define and analyze key energy efficiency indicators in real time
- To introduce an energy accounting system with a clear, transparent view of energy use
- To provide a tool for employees to carry out relevant and efficient energy management activities
To achieve these objectives for the hospital, Solvera Lynx had introduced it’s software solution GemaLogic that allowed the following effective energy management actions:
- Tailor-made monitoring and customization of the software platform for targeted analysis of energy consumption, especially in cooling and heating technologies.
- Energy efficiency analysis (Definition of key energy efficiency performance indicators)
- Energy performance and targeting (Energy consumption and cost targeting; Alarm in case of system, consumption or cost deviations)
- Energy accounting (Energy consumption benchmarking; Advanced analysis of energy costs)
Steep Reduction in Costs and Consumption.
The following results were have been achieved after the introduction of Solvera Lynx’s Energy Management Solution:
- Digitalization of energy data (Systematic and real-time energy monitoring, advanced analysis, benchmarking, and forecasting)
- Advanced energy management and analytics (Supporting the implementation of organizational and technical measures for effective energy management; Targeted monitoring of energy consumption and costs)
- Alarming system implementation
- Identification of deviations and their causes (e.g., water leakage) in energy consumption and the possibility of quick actions
- Energy efficiency improvements (Greater efficiency and easier monitoring of the effectiveness of implemented measures)
- Introduction of a comprehensive energy management system and measures as a basis for achieving the energy consumption reduction target (Energy consumption reduction in the first year of solution implementation; Reduction of energy losses caused by water and compressed air leakages)
- Support in ISO 50.001 implementation