Company Profile: BTC – office buildings, shopping and logistics centres. Business and leisure center with a wide selection of sport, entertainment, and cultural activities, as well as an area of creative and business-oriented thinking. Project: Information system for energy management.
- Business area of 475,000 m2
- 56 facilities
- Not only commercial, logistic and recreational facilities, but also extensive road and energy infrastructure.
- Energy infrastructure: 16 transformer stations, 8 km of hot water network, 12 km of water supply network, 850 measuring points for electricity, heat, cold and water.
- Energy consumption: Total energy consumption: 60 mio kWh / year;
- Main energy consumers: Lighting (43%), cooling (20%) ventilation (26%) .
- Implementation of advanced energy management solutions for the needs of real-time and remote monitoring and analysis;
- Support and implementation of ISO 50001 standard;
- Easier calculation of energy use, calculation by actual consumption;
- Introduction of alarm system, shorter response time in case of deviation;
- Definition and analysis of key energy efficiency indicators;
- Better coordination of energy management, easier monitoring of the effectiveness of implemented measures;
- Introduction of an energy accounting system;
- Consequently, the decrease in energy consumption and consumption of energy products.
Solvera Lynx offered an innovative solution for smart energy management (EM) based on wireless LoRaWAN technology. This technology was a better alternative than the classical wired networks due to its long range, unique penetration capabilities, flexibility, easy operation & maintenance, and safe & reliable data transfer.
The solutions included the following steps:
- Energy consumption monitoring (electricity, heat, natural gas, water);
- Energy efficiency analysis: key energy KPIs indication and control over electrical energy production;
- Targeted energy performance analyses: targeting energy consumption quantities and costs, especially focusing on the energy consumption of heating and cooling technologies;
- Reduction of energy losses and water leakages;
- Implementation of an alarm system in case of consumption or cost deviations;
- Energy accounting: energy accounting system implementation, building energy consumption benchmarking and analyses of energy costs.
- GemaLogic Software Platform for Efficient Energy
- Innovative communication equipment tailored to the needs: 14 x GsmBox.WG, 3 x ComBox.M, 8 x ComBox.L, 5 x GsmBox.X4.
In order to effectively connect between far spread measuring points and the network, a LoRa wireless connection was established. Innovative wireless equipment with a long range – the ComBox.L® device – was selected to carry out measurements. The device sends data to the GemaLogic® software platform, where all data is collected, processed, and analyzed. For the needs of the LoRaWAN network, two base stations LoRa are installed in the BTC City area.
With the introduction of the energy management system and energy accounting, BTC gained systematic control over energy consumption through the tools that allow the easy collection of data, performance analysis and production of automated reports. This contributed to greater efficiency and better energy management coordination. The concrete results were demonstrated within a few months after the energy management system’s implementation.
Due to the usage of our innovative software (GemaLogic®) and hardware (ComBox.L®) solutions, the following benefits were achieved:
- Digitalization of energy data;
- Energy consumption reduction in the 1st year of solution implementation – electricity consumption reduction – up to 5 %, reduction of energy losses caused by water leakages – up to 6 %, reduction of water losses – up to 4,5% );
- Reduction in energy losses caused by water leakages;
- Reduction of the over-night consumption of water;
- Real-time energy consumption data and a detailed usage overview;
- Protection from unexpected energy consumption based on pre-defined key performance indicators and the alarm system implementation that send notifications when consumption increases;
- The detection of deviations and causes in the energy consumption and the possibility of quick action (water leakage, errors in the operation of the photovoltaic system);
- Shorter response time in case of deviations