Solvera Lynx has provided comprehensive energy management solution to one of the biggest Glass manufacturer in the region. Steklarna Hrastnik Company is a glass production company with a 150-year tradition. The companies’ focus is special glass packaging, glassware, and lighting, as well as handmade items, etc.
The company has a strong environmental regulation compliance strategy and is dedicated to optimizing and reducing energy consumption. In order to comply with European energy regulation and meet the energy consumption reduction target, Steklarna Hrastnik decided to carry out an energy management project.
The project included complete digitalization of energy data with the purpose of implementing an energy management system, which provides a transparent view of energy consumption, offering a tool for employees to perform more relevant energy management and energy efficiency activities to reduce energy costs.
Energy optimization of glass manufacturing in such large and dispersed industrial area was possible due to new innovative LoRaWAN communication technology instead of the classical wired system. This technology is a better alternative to the classical wired networks due to its long range, unique penetration capabilities, flexibility, easy operation & maintenance, safe & reliable data transfer.
Transmission of the data from meters has been done by our innovative wireless long-range ComBox.L® equipment, which has long battery lifetime and suitability for the harsh industrial environment. ComBox.L ® sent data to the advanced energy management platform GemaLogic®, where all the data was gathered, processed and analyzed.
Functionalities of GemaLogic® energy management platform that provided a basis for efficient energy management system implementation:
Energy consumption monitoring: Electricity, compressed air, natural gas, oxygen, water (sanitary water, cooling water)
Energy efficiency analysis and predictions
1. Energy efficiency performance indicators
– Energy consumption VS production output
– Energy consumption VS m³ compressed air
2. Energy performance and targeting – targeting energy consumption quantities and costs
3. Alarm in case of consumption or cost deviations
System and process monitoring
1. Machine status monitoring – Machines, furnaces, lighting, cooling technologies, vacuum pumps
2. Air and Water conditions monitoring (temperature, pressure)
3. Alarm in case of system failures, inefficient operations and water leakages
Results and benefits:
Implementation of our solution allowed Glass manufacturer to accomplish primary EM goals: holistic monitoring of energy efficiency performance and reduction of energy consumption. Due to the introduction of new energy management system and usage of our innovative software (GemaLogic®) and hardware (ComBox.L®) solutions, the following results were achieved:
- Transparency over energy/and water consumption and detailed analytics (digitalization of energy data, alerts and short response times in case of system deviations)
- Analytics to identify consumption patterns, compare historical data, and predict future energy needs
- Time-independent overview and evaluation of energy consumption in accordance with tariffs, thus allowing schedules optimisation for production
- Energy consumption reduction in the 1st year of solution implementation up to 7 %
- Reduction of energy losses
- Protection from unexpected energy consumption and alarming in case of energy consumption increase
- CO2 emission reduction
- Support in ISO 50.001 implementation