DIGITALIZATION OF VEGETABLE IRRIGATION
The project Digitization of vegetable irrigation is implemented within the measure M16 Cooperation from the RDP 2014-2020, sub-measure 16.2 Support for pilot projects and for the development of new products, practices, processes and technologies.
Description of the Project.
In the project, we will develop an application that will give irrigation advice to vegetable farmers on the basis of real-time soil water measurements, plant development phases and weather forecasts, i.e. advised the appropriate irrigation time and the amount of water needed for irrigation. Through the app, farmers will receive irrigation advice every day and monitor changes in the amount of water in the soil.
Goals of the Project.
The project will develop an application and an associated information system that will provide irrigation advice to farmers engaged in vegetable growing, based on real-time soil water measurements, plant development stages and weather forecasts, i.e. advised the appropriate irrigation time and the amount of water needed for irrigation. In addition, cost-effective communication equipment will be developed to send data from groundwater meters. The project will also carry out educational and awareness-raising activities on proper irrigation.
- Partner farmers will irrigate the fields according to the needs of the plants.
- Partner farmers will be able to make informed decisions about irrigation strategies.
- Farmers participating in the dissemination activities will be aware of the characteristics of optimal irrigation and deficit irrigation.
- The possibilities of using low energy networks and communicators in fields in different static regions will be evaluated.
- Financial resources: Total project value – 349,100.00 EUR
- Project start: 22.11.2019
- Expected completion of the project: 21.11.2022
- Contact person: Marko Levičnik, Head of HW Solutions Development, Solvera Lynx d.o.o.
- Project partners:
- Sedem čez devet d.o.o.
- Čarna d.o.o.
- Biotehniška fakulteta, Univerza v Ljubljani
- KGZS KGZ Maribor
- BO-MO d.o.o.
- Solvera Lynx d.o.o
- Marjan Drožina
- Zdravko Kerin
- Janez Peternelj
- Stanko Studen
- Anton Vrbnjak